Monday, October 22, 2007
Identity Crisis
Well, I am still struggling with just sitting up and dealing with extreme vertigo ...thank you for continued prayers because I am encouraged to know I am not alone. With all this time to sit and think, I have come to realize how much it bothers me that "sickness" can become a person's identity. I do not choose to be sick, but I am choosing to get well. You know, I have had a lot of health issues even as a baby, that again were out of my control, and it has always been an issue with me as far as "being embarrassed" by it. I have always been so concerned with people thinking of me as "sickly" and it is hard to really let people in on how I feel because I have such weird, random stuff. It is something I have had to learn to deal with....my mom always encourages me by reminding me that despite they way I feel, I always enjoy life and do not let it get me down. This time - i have been knocked on my butt. Everyone in my family is so supportive except for one....not in my immediate family, but rather someone who chooses not to look past my smiles and see that i am really hurting, but rather in an accusatory way assume that "I am not really sick". Who would want to miss out on all the special stuff going on around them to feel pain and total helplessness? I am still a wife, a friend, a mommy, a prayer warrior.....so, i want to avoid the "label" as "always sick". You know, when you describe a person it is something like, "the sweet one, the blonde one, etc....", but as someone in a health crisis.....not to be known as "the sick one".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Totally understaning you friend. When I think of you I think of a beautiful wife and mother who takes amazing care of her family. I think of a woman with passion to care for many with your line of work. I look at you and see a compassionate soul. I also know that you hate being sick and having to surrender to life and just the fact that it is what it is just flat out sucks some times, but I will keep pleading with our God on your behalf friend. I love and adore you.
Post a Comment