Monday, December 3, 2007

Where have I been?


Well, first things first......NYC Baby!!!!! Yes, Praise God that he gave me enough strength physically and mentally to meet one of my goals of being able to go on a previously planned weekend getaway to NYC with Lorren. And if you ask Lorren, she would tell you my stamina was up as we joked about the "marathon" I ran trying to see all the sights in just 2 days.....or maybe it was just to keep me warm in the cold weather :) We got to stay on Times Square, eat NY pizza, go to Rockefeller center, take a carriage ride in Central Park, experience a NY cab ride (no, we did not find the "Cash Cab"), waved to the family on a webcam at 46th and Broadway, take a 2 hour boat cruise around Manhattan , see the Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Mary Poppins on Broadway, eat a NY hot dog, shop, have a few Starbucks, and just truly "take it all in". It is amazing how God can use something so "simple" to help with my healing. First, I got to be with one of my best friends in the whole world who I could talk to and not feel judged, I got to see more of the magnificent world he created, I got to laugh often, and funny enough....I think the message I got through "Mary Poppins" was the most profound. YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IT!!!!!!

I was in the hospital just days before the trip again trying to figure out just what is causing what, which medicines are helping and which are hurting, and just trying to get some answers. I still have a lot of unknown and need a lot of prayer - if everyone could join me in praying for a MIRACLE. Specifically, I still have a lot of fatigue, "seizure spells", numbness in hands and feet, depression/anxiety, an unknown skin rash on my legs (which I will be seeing a dr for this week), and general flu like symptoms. I am so thankful for everyone praying for me because there are days when I am optimistic and then there are days I am discouraged and feel like I have nothing left to pray. I am also thankful for my husband and kids....what a blessing!!!! God had this planned and he gave me a husband who is so patient and loving and kids who know just the moment to "melt my heart" and make me smile. Please also pray for my patience.....in two ways - patience to wait on God's timing in the cure of my disease and patience to handle a 2 and 3 year old. I want to be the mom I am supposed to be and as much as I love those girls, I feel like I let them down when I can't be there for them like I want to be. You know, it is funny because as little as they are - God allows them to "be there for me".

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey hon. I'm glad you had such an amazing time. I've never been a mother, but I do know that a mother's most important job is to love her children no matter what. You're doing a great job, don't ever feel discouraged about such a thing. I still pray for you every day, and I know things will continue to get better for you! You are an amazing person, and you are loved by so many people, don't ever forget that!

HollyA said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

I am so GLAD that you had a great time in New York... I really miss you, I wish I could just come over to see you and give you a big hug and tell you everything is going to be okay.. really i truly believe that God is going to heal you, you are a special person that makes so many people happy, I know you can pull through this... When you walk into the room you are like a ray of sunshine, you have a beautiful smile and a wonderful personality, please dont ever forget that... we all miss you and are praying really hard for you to get better,,I miss you my BFF and I love you dearly......cami

Anonymous said...

HEY! THERE U R (0:[LOL] WELCOME HOME & I'M SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY THAT U HAD AN AWESOME TIME ON UR TRIP. MAN, U GIRLS REALLY DID ALOT & SOUNDS LIKE U HAD A BLAST C-ING B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L NYC! CAN'T WAIT 2 C THE PICS. WHITNEY, I KNOW THINGS R TOUGH @ TIMES BUT U TRULY R THE BEST MOMMY FOR UR GIRLS & UR DOIN "EVERYTHING" A MOMMY SHOULD, SO PLEASE DON'T EVER 2ND GUESS THAT. "UR AN AMAZING WOMAN" THAT YES IS LOVED AND CARED ABOUT BY MANY. THERE R PEOPLE EVERYWHERE PRAY-N DAILY FOR UR HEALING; A MIRACLE FOR U & UR FAMILY & R WILLING TO HELP U W/ WHATEVER IN THIS TIME OF NEED, SO PLS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT... XO, MISS YA!

Lorren Says... said...

I had a blast with you, friend. Good grief, did we really do all that in a day and a half?? Hang in there, don't give up!

Star Molegraaf said...

I am so glad you had fun and will keep praying for you!