Friday, November 9, 2007

How am I really feeling?

"Be Strong and courageous. Do not be terrified. Do not be discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you always." Joshua 1:9

This verse really hit home with me this morning in my quiet time. So, yesterday was very hard for me because I had two doctor appointments with not so great news. SO, the rheumatologist has diagnosed a "probable" diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis and the lung doctor gave a diagnosis of interstitial lung disease. Why this is happening, I do not know.....I know there is no cure, but "treatment" for the symptoms which have side effects often worse than the disease itself. And since I am being completely honest here, I have started suffering pretty significant panic attacks.

I am so thankful for my precious husband and little girls who can always put a smile on my face. Jadyn was at school today, but I got to sit outside in beautiful weather and just watch Cady play....so carefree....she moved from the sandbox, to the swing, to sidewalk chalk, to bubbles....and I realize how I miss that "carefree" feeling.


So, when you ask "How I am feeling?" The real answer is blessed, but frustrated.....hopeful, but scared.....and on the physical realm - achy, tired, and off and on short of breath. Please continue to pray for the relief of pain and ANXIETY....the pain is most intense in the chest, ribs, abdomen , and lower back - I feel like someone is just squeezing me and there is an intense pressure.

My mom has basically lived here for a month now and will be going home tonight - and although it is only 20 minutes away, it is going to be difficult....pray for her as well since she has now caught the upper respiratory infection from my girls...we like to share in this family :)


The gene I have that may predispose me to these disorders may be passed on to my children so PLEASE pray that they are healthy as well. We did have Jadyn tested Wednesday because she has complained of joint pain and sometimes limps, cries, etc since she was just able to walk. I will update you when I get the results next week.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie, this is Holly. I know what it's like to feel anxious. I do not, however, know what it's like to feel the type or level of anxiety that you're feeling, nor do I understand the exhaustion you're feeling from being sick for so long. I continue to pray for you and think of you every day. It's funny, when I first met you, I believed you to be a pretty delicate woman, but you truly are a strong persevering woman, and I know you will get through this!

HollyA said...

Thinking of you! It was great to see you today!

Anonymous said...

I received a link to your blog from someone seeking prayer for you. I would have to highly recommend www.hacres.com for healing of your physical body.
TB