Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ear Piercing


Well, it happened...we gave in. When the girls were babies, Seth and I decided we would let the girls get their ears pierced when they were old enough to ask about it. Well, in the last few months, Jadyn has asked several times and in turn...Cady followed her lead. Seth and I agreed as long as we could both be there together to console :) Sunday was the day!!! The girls and I (including my two nieces) spent the day at Market Street and when Seth came to meet us, we just happened to be in Sweet and Sassy. So, why not? Jadyn was first and very brave....they were amazed that she never even flinched!!!! Cady, well...you can watch the before, during, and after photos to see how that went. She was brave too, but it took a trip out to the fountains to make her forget that she was not happy about what had just happened. She was crying and when the lady tried to give her a sucker....she said "NO, take these out". They are both very proud of their blue flower earrings and if you ask Cady now she talks about it like it was nothing. ( I think it is like childbirth/labor....it is amazing how you forget like 5 minutes aterward).
Jadyn before the big moment...

Jadyn during...

Jadyn after :)

Jadyn telling Cady "I love you, it doesn't hurt."

Cady before...

Cady during...

Cady after ....I had tears too and daddy had to turn away :(

Mama trying to make it better

And...she forgot all about it :)

1 comment:

shann said...

Oh my goodness. I about cried for Cady. I know Jadyn is excited and I am glad that Cady forgot about it. It looks like a fun day. Miss yall.