Tuesday, August 12, 2008

We Love Great Grandparents


Grandparents are so amazing and I meant to write this on my grandmother's birthday (August 6), but am just now blogging again. My grandmother passed away about 2 years ago and it was so weird this year on her birthday because it was so natural to just want to pick up the phone and call her or have the kids make her a card. It is hard when grandparents leave (great grandparents to our little ones), but I am learning that you can still teach so much to the kids through stories. It is fun to remember all the experiences we had as children with our grandparents and Jadyn and Cady love to ask questions and listen to what we experienced.


Seth's Nana is still alive and the kids just adore her.......she is the coolest Nana ever. I mean she is up to date with the computer, keeps up with my blog, right now traveling in Scotland, got her college degree several years ago, and at one point even tried to get on myspace :). She is a real southern lady and I can see where Seth got his manners/charm....an AMAZING lady. I am glad the girls get to know her and it is so sweet to watch them play and love on her. All this being said, I just think it is important to cherish the grandparents/great grandparents in our lives. They have so much to teach and so much love to give.

My kids never got to meet my pappaw, but I will try to scan in some pics of me and my grandparents when I find them and I will do the same of some of my mammaw and the girls when they were a baby. Cady got to be with her the summer before she passed...so grateful for that!

Cady drawing for Nana

Jadyn showing Nana how to do yoga

Jadyn, Nana, and Cady

No comments: